The Masonic Lodge had a series of 99 hand-painted, historic scenic drops that were originally used as part of the Freemason rituals. In 2014, the City of Winona asked LVH Entertainment, a subsidiary of Thern, Inc., to provide an inspection for the Masonic Lodge after a handline broke during operation. The inspection revealed that the majority of the rigging system was original and untouched since its installation in 1909. Many of the original rigging components, such as loft blocks and head blocks, were constructed using steel sheaves with wood sides and were nailed to the wood beams of the building.
In order to fit 99 drops in 25 feet of stage depth, the original system had been laid out on 3-inch centers. However, the system was designed with the original needs of Freemasonry in mind, not requirements of a vaudeville or opera house, which are venues that share much more similarity with modern proscenium theaters. There were no stage curtains in the original Masonic Lodge, and at the time, electric lighting was in its infancy.