The pilewind hoist by Thern Stage Equipment is a compact, economical, and zero-fleet motorized rigging solution.
Also known as a “yo-yo” hoist because a steel wire enters the single-groove drum and resembles a yo-yo, our pilewind hoist easily lifts stage scenery, curtains, lighting, audio, and other items. The multi-direction line feed allows for winch placement almost anywhere within the system and can eliminate the need for head blocks. This pilewind hoist can be coupled with any of our control offerings to provide safe and repeatable operation.
Made to last, our components are comprised of durable, heavy-duty materials. We guarantee consistent service life for your Thern Stage Equipment pilewind hoist by offering a two-year limited warranty to make sure that you’re 100% satisfied.
- Floor, wall, or ceiling mounting
- 1,200 or 2,100 lbs capacity
- Available with 4–10 lift lines
- Three-phase 208-230/460-volt operation
- Double reduction worm gears for accurate and durable operation
- Welded steel frame and mounting bracket
- Precision machine plates for uniform rope stacking
- Primary motor brake with secondary electric brake
- Cable anchor ensures easy cable installation and uniform dead wraps
- Manual version available
For installation, preparation, cleaning, and additional operation instructions, please refer to the owner’s manual.
Large and small theater venues, arenas, churches, museums, convention centers, places of worship, and other large event facilities.
Customization Options & Accessories
Thern Stage Equipment will work with you to customize your pilewind hoist with the features and accessories you need to suit your specific application. Options include:
- Advanced controls
- Power options
- Mounting kits
- Speeds and capacities
- Drum guard
- Wire rope and fittings
For more information, please contact customer service at 507-454-2996.